Head of Additives & Raw Materials Unit
The Technology Center ITENE, based in Paterna (Valencia), is looking for a Team Lead to be responsible for the Additive's and Raw Material's unit. The main purpose of the role is to fullfill the execution of the assigned projects, leading a team of professionals, carrying out from the design, planning, to the scientific-technical and economical part.
Your main responsabilities:
- Business development, identifying new R&D challenges and opportunities at a regional, national and European level, supporting the sales department, detecting new opportunities and customer visits.
- Drafting of proposals in national and European programmes.
- Dissemination and presentation of results in different scientific fields (conferences, events).
- To research, evaluate and generate new knowledge lines, for the additives and materials packaging production:
Synthesis and functionalization of additives for the innovative formulations development, in order to obtain new materials, in line with the circular economy (recycled plastics, biopolymers, etc).
Designing experiments for the materials improvement to be developed using different technologies such as nanotechnology, chemical functionalization, encapsulation, green chemistry, etc.
Design and optimization of scale-up operations of organic and inorganic additives. Management of reactors, pretreatment and post-treatment systems.
Analysis and characterization of the different materials developed.
- Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Industrial Engineering; a PhD in Materials Science or Chemistry, and/or Master's degree related to new materials is a plus.
- More than 5 years of demonstrable experience in team management and execution of R&D projects.
- Knowledge in chemical modification and process scaling and specialisation course in thermoplastic or nanocomposite processing technologies.
- Knowledge in food safety of nanomaterials.
- Proficient in the use of the Office package.
- Fluent English minimum B2/C1.
- Willingness to travel on an occasional basis at national, European and international level.