Precision NanoSystems Inc. (PNI)
About Precision NanoSystems Inc. (PNI)
Precision NanoSystems Inc. (“PNI”) is a manufacturer of instruments, kits and reagents in the global nanomedicine market providing tools for drug development and cell-specific delivery to study, diagnose and treat disease. PNI’s NanoAssemblr family of instruments allow scientists to rapidly develop novel nanomedicine drug candidates for pre-clinical testing. PNI’s NanoAssemblr Scale-up platform enables the translation of these drug candidates to clinical testing and eventually to commercial use. PNI’s NanoAssemblr™ Transfection Reagents use nanomedicine technology to deliver genetic materials in primary cells vitro and in vivo, enabling disease researchers to easily study gene function in high-value models of disease. PNI sells its products to leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and leading academic institutions in over 20 countries worldwide. Please find more information at http://www.precisionnanosystems.com/.
As a Research Engineer on the R&D team at Precision NanoSystems Inc. you will help develop new microfluidic devices for nanoparticle production and help develop a better understanding of nanoparticle formation. Ideally you will be as comfortable with 3D printers and computer vision as you are with micropipettes and nanoparticle characterization, but a willingness to learn is good enough! In order to succeed in this role, you will need to think outside the box and apply a broad range of skills to develop innovative solutions to challenging problems. If you’re an engineer whose interests are too broad for a single discipline or an aspiring scientist with an interest in how the tools you use are designed and made this is an exciting opportunity for you.
Area of Responsibilities:
- Designing and fabricating microfluidic devices.
- Designing, building and modifying lab equipment, instrumentation and experimental setups.
- Developing software for data analysis, image analysis and CFD modelling.
- Planning and executing experiments.
- Data visualization.
- Creating reports and communicating experimental results.
- Writing procedures and SOPs for experiments and operation of equipment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or more) in a relevant discipline. Examples include Biomedical Engineering, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Nanotechnology, Engineering Physics, Chemical Engineering.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience, preferably in an industry setting.
- Ability to independently design, conduct, analyze and troubleshoot experiments
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) both in one-on-one and in a group setting with the ability to organize and present technical summaries of scientific data.
- The individual must be a team player who thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple tasks and aggressive deadlines.
- Proven ability to apply critical and analytical thinking.
- Must be a resourceful, proactive, detail-oriented individual who is able to work with minimum supervision
- This position involves use of a broad range of tools and skills familiarity with any of the following is an asset.
- 3D modelling, preferably in Solidworks
- Microfluidics fabrication using soft lithography
- 3D printing
- Electronics prototyping and basic PCB layout
- Microscopy and fluorescence imaging
- Nanoparticle characterization
PNI provides a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent opportunities for personal growth.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Posting valid until filled. No solicitors please.