Vice President Of Engineering (Membrane Technology)
Job Description and Qualifications
If you enjoy working in an innovative environment, we have a great opportunity for you!
SEPPURE is a separation-tech company developing novel membrane materials and membrane processes for chemical separations. We have an opportunity for VP of ENGINEERING for our R&D center based in Singapore.
The focus will surround the development of solvent-resistant nanofiltration membranes intended for use in the food, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, and oil refining industries.
The Successful Candidate Will Enjoy
This is a senior position where the candidate will be responsible to oversee the polymeric membrane fabrication, module design, module fabrication, and scale-up process. The focus will surround the development of solvent-resistant nanofiltration membranes intended for use in the food, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, and oil refining industries. The applicant will closely work with the R&D, commercial teams, and CEO/CTO to manage development projects and drive them through the development process from research to commercialization.
· Contribute to leading-edge hollow fiber development activities ranging from research and feasibility to maturation and optimization towards commercialization and production.
· Work with dedicated teams of engineers and experts.
· Project management and execution of polymeric hollow fiber membrane development, production, and implementation.
· Contribute to the ongoing development of the company core technology including membrane fabrication, module development, process optimization, customer reporting, and scale-up process.
· Leading the pilot projects and in-field implementations with the customers.
· Being part of engineering, manufacturing, and business organization developing membrane-based chemical separation solutions.
· Interaction with company advisors, customers, and development partners to help steer development programs
· Being part of a team of highly motivated professionals
· Ability to take on additional responsibilities and grow
· Maintain awareness of new membrane technologies in academia and industry
· Attending/participating in technical and commercial meetings and conferences
· Traveling to support development activities (estimated annual travel 20%)
We are looking for result-oriented candidates with the following qualifications:
· Ph.D. (4+ years of work experience) or M.Sc. (10+ years of work experience) in Chemical Engineering, Polymer, Material Science and Engineering, or related disciplines
· Extensive and proven experience in hollow fiber spinning, module fabrication, and process design with knowledge of the roles of interfacial and surface chemistry of organic polymers
· Experience in solvent-resistant nano-filtration membrane development is a plus
· Experience in production or scale manufacturing is highly important
· Prior experience in an R&D management role is highly important
· Experience in using industrial/academic collaborations to accelerate development timelines
· Creative and proactive mindset and willingness to explore novel solutions
· Self-motivated and able to manage different projects simultaneously
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Experimental design and statistical analysis experience
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
SEPPURE offers a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary, employee stock option plan (ESOP) on a case by case basis, a unique growth opportunity, paid holidays/vacation, as well as medical and dental insurance
To learn more, visit https://www.seppure.com/
Please be noted that only those individuals who have the above-mentioned experience should apply and if they don't have enough membrane-related experience, they will be rejected.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.